A primary goal of Bong County Technical College is to assist students in making maximum progress toward their educational, career, and personal goals. In order to assist students to be successful, the following services are provided:

  • Counseling

Students and prospective students are encouraged to consult with counselors on academic, career or personal concerns. Counseling services include career information, advising, selection of major, selection of courses, assistance with academic problems, and personal counseling. Students are given the opportunity to meet with a counselor in a confidential setting in which they may explore their goals, aptitudes, interests, and any special circumstances.

  • Advising

Upon initial enrollment, students may meet with an Admissions Advisor for assistance with the admissions and registration. Once enrolled, the faculty in your program major will be your advisor. Faculty advisors provide assistance in planning a program of study consistent with the students’ educational and employment objectives. All students with a declared major are encouraged to meet with their faculty advisor during Advising week, which is held each semester prior to registration.

  • Career Development Services

Whether students are making a career change, returning to the workforce, undergoing a transition, or entering college for the first time, there are options available to help make informed, well-planned decisions. Through individual testing and workshops, students can make an informed career decision.

International Student Advisor

International students are encouraged to meet with the Multicultural/International Student Advisor for immigration and visa regulation advising. Other services provided are aimed at supporting the retention of culturally diverse students from enrollment through graduation.

Support Services for Students with Disabilities

Support services for students with disabilities are available to qualified individuals with physical or documented disabilities. Students must initiate a request and be approved for accommodations by a Disability Services Coordinator.