BONG COUNTY TECHNICAL COLLEGE (BCTC)
GBARNGA CITY, BONG COUNTY
The Bong County Technical College hereby announces its acceptance of applications for the position of President
BCTC is a duly constituted public Baccalaureate granting higher learning institution established by an Act of the National Legislature of Liberia in 2013 in fulfillment of government’s higher education decentralization policy. BCTC currently caters to a total of 740 students in various academic disciplines in six different departments as follows: 1) Department of Computer Engineering, 2) Department of Civil Engineering, 3) Department of Mining Engineering 4) Department of Agriculture Technology, 5) Department of Education and 6) Department of Health Sciences.
Specifically, the successful candidate should possess broad leadership qualities and experience, including the following:
- At least 3-10 years of proven leadership and management experience in a senior position, preferably in higher education;
- An earned academic doctorate degree from an accredited institution ;
- A strong commitment to teaching, research and service with excellent quality to advance colligate education;
- Knowledge of the domestic needs of higher education in Liberia;
- High moral and ethical standards;
- A demonstrated ability to advance the mission and needs to the various stakeholders of the College, including the students, faculty, staff, alumni, the Government of Liberia and all other partners;
- Commitment and the ability for fundraising and advocacy for increased support from Government and other sources such as corporations, concessions, , foundations and donors generally;
Establishing and maintaining linkages with institutions of higher learning and education support organizations.
APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING ITEMS LISTED BELOW, MUST BE SUBMITTED ON OR BEFORE July 15, 2017
- Letter of interest;
- Current updated Curriculum Vitae;
- Minimum of three references inclusive of email addresses and telephone numbers;
- A two-page account of applicant’s philosophy of higher education and its applicability to the Bong County Technical College and the Liberian Society in general;
- Copies of all academic credentials including official transcripts.
Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted for interview.
SEND ALL APPLICATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS
All International Postal applications should be forwarded by any reputable courier services which operate in Liberia. Applications can be delivered either in person or by mail.
To: The Chairperson
President Search Committee
Bong County Technical College
Gbarnga City, Bong County
C/o Office of the Director General
National Commission on Higher Education
- D. Cooper Road, Paynesville
Contact #: 231886660067/0886346617